Thursday 23 February 2017

The Bully - Part One



I’ve had a lot of experience with bullying during my short life.
I am not proud of my earlier life experiences (somewhere around elementary school) and I’m somewhat grateful for my later life experiences (middle school).

I was a right brat in elementary school.

I had two friends… let’s call them Stuart (not like the mouse) and Norbert (not like the Norwegian ridgeback).


They were two equally naughty little boys, and somehow, I ended up befriending them. I can’t blame them completely for my snottiness, but I suspect they played a part in shaping my actions at the time.
But don’t get me wrong- I was very much aware of what I was doing, and it was very much my own fault.

We used to bunk class together! Can you believe that?
To this day, I am still unable to fathom how any teacher managed to overlook our trio’s disappearance for a majority of the day, without suspecting anything!

I recall, very clearly, one fine, sunny day, we’d left the class and were walking around aimlessly like the bad-asses that we were.
We went around to the edge of the school, where a wire-mesh fence separated the playground from the dead wasteland on the other side and Stuart whipped out his willy right then and there, to pee through the wire-mesh.

I cringe when I think of it now, but back then, I didn’t think much of it. He wanted to pee? Go ahead! Try aiming at that dried out plant over there! Ha ha, good job!

Anyway, this story isn’t about willies. It’s about bullying.
So… in a way, I guess it is about a bunch of dicks, now that I think about it.
I’m going off track.

So, in my class, there was a cute little girl with braids- let’s call her Anna.
She was a quiet girl, she didn’t really talk to anyone and she cried easily- an easy target for three naughty kids.
I can’t remember clearly, what we did to her, but we were mean. We made fun of her, called her names- the usual bully-bull. The only thing I remember clearly, is when I was to sit next to her for some assignment of sorts, and I refused. When the teacher asked me why, I replied with an eloquently formed answer;

“She’s smelly!”

And Anna cried, while the teacher rolled her eyes.

Back then, I reasoned she was being silly, and was crying for no reason, but when I look back at it now, I realise she must have been very lonely, and the three of us trouble-making jerks were simply adding fuel to the fire, by being mean.

I regret being who I was back then, but karma helped me pay back for what I’d done, by putting me at the receiving end of the bullying spectrum later on. BIG TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment